App = Application (not appetizer). As always, break rules when needed.
- Don’t make an app when one already exists.
- Pick the solution with the least complexity.
- Use an appropriate, standard topology.
- Don’t force an app to support your unrelated task.
- If two apps would do similar things, consider creating a shared library.
- Use good form, but don’t solve problems that don’t exist.
Periodically re-evaluate if your solution is appropriate, and redesign as needed.
- Destroy shovelware and microtransactions.
- Purchase software once, use forever. Subscribe only to data access and compute resources.
What can you do?
- If youre making an app, read the above!
- Find a vulnerability! Aditya has some good notes.
- Abuse the app until it doesn’t function for anyone!
- Become intimate friends with the creators and convince them to stop.
What is this?
Im just saying and doing stuff. Its not that important.